Is plagiarism an unpardonable sin anymore?, Daniel W. Drezner
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The danger of a single story
See also by Adichie: Now Is the Time to Talk About What We Are Actually Talking About
FYW-1259-02 — HIP 107, 12:30-1:20 MWF
Th December 08 12:00-2:30 PM (Final Writing Portfolio DUE December 14)
FYW-1259-01 — HIP 106, 9:30-10:20 MWF
W December 14 8:30-11:00 AM
Resubmit all REFLECTIONS (1-15) and written reflection on your choice book on exam date noted above. You may include any other artifacts of work throughout the semester to support the grade you deserve in the course.
Final Writing Portfolio
Due date for both sections is December 14 (Wed) by 11 am.
Submit the following through email attachments:
- Final drafts of E.1, E.2, E.3, and E.4 as email attachments; be sure to submit CLEAN files (no track changes or comments visible).
- Label files with your last name, essay number, “final,” and the date of submission, such as Thomas.E1final.121615.docx
- Attach also a reflection (1-2 pages) on what you have learned as a writer and what you see as the key weaknesses you need to continue to address. Label the file your last name and final reflection, such as Thomas.finalreflection.docx
- In the body of the email, RANK your four essays from the best to the weakest.
Minimum Requirements for course credit:
- Submit all essays in MULTIPLE DRAFTS per schedule before the last day of the course; initial drafts and subsequent drafts should be submitted with great care, as if each is the final submission, but students are expected to participate in process writing throughout the entire semester as a minimum requirement of this course—including a minimum of ONE conference per major essay.
- Demonstrate adequate understanding of proper documentation and citation of sources through a single well-cited essay or several well-cited essays. A cited essay MUST be included in your final portfolio.
Post-Election College Paper Grading Rubric – McSweeney’s Internet Tendency
Let Students Pronounce Themselves (On Pronouns and Identity) [Guest Post] | The Jose Vilson